The Global Slow Food Youth Network (SFYN) steering committee has been created for the first time in 2019. After almost four years from its existence and action, now the time has come for its rejuvenation. Hence we are looking for new candidates to join the committee for the next term. (Volunteer, average 8 hours per month)
The steering committee is in charge of advising the global coordination office on the priorities of the organization and acts as a sounding board for new ideas coming from the office. We seek youth with different backgrounds and skills that together would like to help the Slow Food Youth Network, starting from autumn 2022 , until the next edition of Terra Madre – Salone del Gusto (2024).
As the steering committee, you will be among the decision-makers of the movement. You will deal with young activists and possible partners in more than 80 countries. Your decisions will regard international and local programs and events such as the Academies, World Disco Soup Day and Terra Madre.
- Excellent communication skills: Must be fluent in English (both verbal and written). An additional language is an advantage;
- Experience with our worldwide movement, e.g. visited an international Slow Food event before or leading a local community;
- Being social, having a creative mentality and organizing skills are a big advantage;
- Any additional special skills that would make your presence be the difference.
- Advising the leadership of a grassroots worldwide food movement;
- Being one of the representatives of “SFYN” on a local and global level;
- Working with an international enthusiastic and involved team for a better food system;
- Meeting in person at least once during the serving period (costs covered).
Slow Food is a global grassroots organization that envisions a world in which all people can access and enjoy food that is good for them, good for those who grow it and good for the planet. Slow Food involves over a million activists, chefs, experts, youth, farmers, fishers and academics in over 160 countries.
Slow Food Youth Network (SFYN) unites groups of active young Slow Food members from all over the globe into one international network, currently in over 80 countries. The local groups independently create original and engaging events aimed at raising awareness about food issues and providing means to take action. The SFYN Global office promotes cooperation between the local groups, facilitates the exchange of knowledge and ideas, and campaigns internationally. Thus combining the powers of young food activists from all over the world!
Want to join the team? Let us know as soon as possible! Apply with your CV and cover letter or video (in English), telling us why you think you would be a great fit for this position. Application deadline is September 30th.
Apply through email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Job interviews will be scheduled through Google Meet. Please contact our current steering committee at email@example.com should you have any additional questions about the position.